Thursday 11 August 2011

Veganised Happiness Risotto (adapted from Nigella's Happiness Soup)

This is my favourite easy winter meal. I had it for dinner tonight, and there is more than enough leftover for tomorrow. I think it would serve 3 people, or 2 people like me. It is warm and delicious and the yellow cheers me up on rainy days. This recipe was adapted from a soup recipe with chicken stock, but it is delicious this way. A little less vegetable stock makes a lovely vegan risotto instead, that is also a one-pot-meal.

1 cup short grain rice - or whatever, I think risotto rice works best
2 zucchini - yellow ones, if you have, but green ones will do
stock -  I used one cube of Oxo vegetarian stock, or use equivalent
1 lemon - zest and juice
pepper
olive oil

Chop zucchini into whatever shape you fancy. Gently fry in olive oil until soft. Add generous amount of water. Add stock and lemon zest.
When the mixture has boiled, add rice. Stir and cook until soft (~20 min). Add water as needed.
When a good consistency is reached, add lemon juice to taste.
Serve with freshly ground pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and a lemon wedge.

Does anyone else have a easy wintery recipe for me to try? I am always scouring the internet for good ones.

Snuggling up with risotto and Firefly,
KK.

No comments:

Post a Comment